Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Manhouse? Dangergrove?


Apologies for that brief hiatus, friends.  Firing on all cylinders ag-ain.  Thanks to all 3 of you for bearing with me.

TONIGHT...Mangrove Records.  Mangrove holds the distinction of releasing far too many killer Japanese punk records over the last 20 or so years.  This is because they are geniuses, as I'm sure you already know.

The tasty image above is a scan of a wonderfully cool sticker they included in their MANGROVE2002 CD compilation.  There's an additional sticker that apes the Frontier Records logo, but its exclusion here ought to clue you in as to where my allegiances lie.  Anyway, the compilation features a bevy of prime fuckin' movers:  THE USUALS, PRIVATE WAYS, EVIL HOODOO...on and on.  All exclusive tunes as well, with my personal fave being FIRESTARTER covering FIRST ALERT's "Dear My Sweet Radio".

No comments: